Diamond Rings – Wareham, MA
With over two generations of experience in the diamond and jewelry business, AJ Marks Jewelers is your top jeweler for diamond rings in Wareham, MA and across Cape Cod. Our diamond experts will assess each piece and provide a detailed explanation of the characteristics and features of diamond rings and jewelry. Our knowledgeable experts will objectively examine your pieces to help you choose the perfect piece for you or a loved one.
Determining Value of Diamond Rings in Wareham, MA
The most common factors that determine the value of diamond rings and stones are the four “C’s”. The four “C’s” are Carat, Clarity, Cut and Color. While these variables do play a large role in the value of a diamond, market trends and supply and demand can have short-term effects on the value of particular diamonds or pieces of jewelry with diamonds, precious gemstones and other metals.
- Carat – The weight of a diamond is measured in carats. This is not the same as karat, which describes the purity of gold. Values of diamonds are assigned to certain weight ranges. We use precise instruments to measure diamond weight.
- Color – Diamonds are color graded on the GIA (Gemological Institute of America) scale. The scale begins at D (colorless) and ends with Z (light yellow or brown). Color variations can be very subtle to see and are important to the value of the diamond.
- Clarity – Clarity grades are divided into eleven categories which are used to describe the amount or and placement of inclusions and benefits of a diamond. When no blemishes or inclusions are visible, the diamond is considered Flawless.
- Cut – This does not mean the shape of a diamond. A diamond’s cut determines the brilliance and sparkle of a diamond.
- Certification – Quality diamonds will carry a certification and grading report. This certification will help ensure that you are getting exactly what you want.
Beautiful Diamond Rings at AJ Marks
Our diamond ring experts understand that slight variables that can make a large difference in the value. At AJ Marks, we will inform you of the unique characteristics of the ring you are interested in. Learn more and browse our diamond rings in Wareham, MA by contacting AJ Marks today.